You Could Look It Up

Q. I have always been taught that there are two ways to spell dietitian (or dietician), but that the correct style is with a t not a c. A friend of mine disagrees completely and feels that dietitian is the wrong spelling and therefore should never be used. Another friend of mine says that dietitians spell it with a t. I am really curious. . . . What is the correct spelling?

A. I would look it up in the dictionary for you—but then I’d have to do it for everyone. (Let me know what you find out!)