Q. Hello! I need to refer to a school that changed from a college to a university. If it was still Loyola College when that person graduated, is it correct to say “graduated from Loyola College in 1999,” or is it best to use its current name: “from Loyola University in 1999”? Thanks!

A. You must state what is true: the person graduated from Loyola College in 1999.